Vehicle Air freshener, also known as "environmental perfume", is a common way to purify the air environment in the vehicle and improve the air quality at present. Because it is convenient to carry, simple to use and cheap, Air freshener has become the choice of many driver friends to purify the air in the vehicle. Its working principle is also very simple, that is, a small amount of agent is added to the substances that emit odor, The purpose of deodorization is achieved through chemical reaction and strong aromatic substances are used to conceal the odor, so many Air freshener actually do not remove the odor in the car, but simply cover it with a pleasant fragrance.
At present, the common fragrance types of Air freshener sold on the market are: single flower (Jasminum sambac, rose, osmanthus, bell orchid, Gardenia jasminoides, lily, etc.), complex flavor, melon and fruit flavor (apple, pineapple, lemon, Hami melon, etc.), green grass flavor, "coast" flavor, "perfume" flavor (plain heart orchid), etc. In addition, some drivers like to use Florida Water as a car Air freshener, compared with ordinary Air freshener, The alcohol contained in Florida Water also has an antivirus effect.
Air freshener is a chemical product that has been used in the field of environmental health since the 20th century. It can be divided into:
1. Aerosol type. Refers to canned products that use propellant. When using such products, the Air freshener in the closed tank can be evenly sprayed under the pressure generated by the propellant, and form a suspended spray in the air.
2. spray type. Refers to micro spray products that do not use propellant.
The main substances of Air freshener are:
1. Deodorants and deodorants. In addition to propellant and Compressibility gas, the air fresheners in the closed tank generally contain substances that react with sulfur compounds, ammonia, amines and formaldehyde, such as Iron(II) sulfate.
2. Refreshers and fragrances. Most of them are polyols, peppermint oil, essence and other substances. Spraying the above Air freshener into the air can remove the smell and odor. In addition, polyols, peppermint oil, essence and other substances can enhance people's sense of fresh air.
Research has found that formaldehyde is soluble in water, and once the water evaporates, formaldehyde is gradually released into the air. Therefore, the removal of formaldehyde by water is only temporary. However, after some Air freshener are sprayed indoors, the indoor formaldehyde concentration decreases more significantly and persistently than that of water. The purification effect of Air freshener on other air inorganic pollutants (ammonia, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide) is similar to that of formaldehyde, but it has almost no Catharsis effect on most organic pollutants (benzene, xylene).
Three major advantages
1. The price is cheap. This is an obvious advantage of Air freshener. At present, Air freshener sold in the general market are priced between 15 and 30 yuan, which is cheaper than car perfume.
2. Easy to use. The commonly used Air freshener are aerosol type, which can be sprayed and used immediately without any supporting facilities in the vehicle.
3. There are many flavors to choose from. For some drivers who love fragrance, especially female drivers, the charming fragrance of Air freshener is also the main reason to attract them to buy.
Two major defects
The obvious defect of Air freshener is that its ingredients may cause harm to human body. At present, there are many kinds of Air freshener sold on the market, but they are basically composed of ether, essence and other ingredients. Some of the gases generated by the chemical decomposition of these substances in the air are air pollutants in themselves, which actually aggravates the pollution of the air in the vehicle, and long-term use will cause adverse stimulation to the human body. In addition, the fragrance contained in the Air freshener will do harm to people's nervous system and stimulate children's Respiratory epithelium. Another disadvantage of the Air freshener is that it does not decompose harmful gases to clean air. Its function is to cover the odor by emitting aroma, rather than reacting with the odor causing gas in the air. That is to say, the effect of Air freshener is not to remove harmful gas in the air, but to "dilute" the odor by confusing people's sense of smell.